OMG I've just made an eggless chocolate and nut banana bread and wow the smell of it cooking is amazing. I just want to bottle it up.
Here's the recipe, try it yourself.
150g caster sugar
50g butter/ vegetable spread (for vegan version)
1/4 cup applesauce
2 tablespoons water
5 mashed bananas
250g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 handfulls of chopped nuts
1 banana chopped for topping
preheat over 180 degrees c
1) Beat sugar and butter until smooth
2) Beat in bananas, water and applesauce
3) In a separate bowl sive the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder
4) Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture, mis till moist
5) Add the cocoa powder and nuts
6) Place the chopped banana in the bottom of the loaf tin
7) Pour in cake mixture
8) Bake for approximately 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean
9) Leave in the tin to cool for 10 mins then turn out onto a wire rack
Hope you enjoy.
Can't wait to get stuck in now.