Monday 26 September 2011

Recycled Ring Pull Bracelet Tutorial

The other day I made this recycled bracelet using ring pulls (pop tabs as they are known in the US). I had some by a particular brand that were blue and silver so decided to make a bracelet that were reversible. Here's how I did it.
First you need enough ring pulls to fit around your wrist I used 8, and since it was reversible I needed to double that. So I used 16 ring pulls in total.

Things you need:
16 Ring Pulls
17 Split Rings
Needle nose pliers
 1 Lobster clasp

1. To start with layout your materials (forgot to take a picture of this).

2. Take two ring pulls, one of either colour if using multiple colours. Lay one on top of the other so that the top side is facing out on both. Grab a split ring.  

3. Take the split ring and split carefully. Insert through the largest hole of both ring pulls and close.

4. Repeat step 2 and 3, but don't close the split ring.
5. Take you second set of rings pulls and put the open split ring through the closed split ring. Make sure your coloured ring pulls are facing the same direction.
6. Take your rings pulls and add a split ring to the side of the rings pulls without a split ring. Now repeat steps 3-5 until you have something that looks like a chain like this.

7. Repeat the process until you have a chain of ring pulls and split rings that when laid flat looks like this. Now you simply add your lobster clasp and last split ring to either end. Voila, all done.

I hope you understood that, it's my first real tutorial with pictures and descriptions so fingers crossed it made some sense. If you have any comments on how I could improve tutorials in the future please feel free to share them.

I'd like to try and post one tutorial a week, so I need to get busy and actually get my bottom into gear. On that note I had better get dressed...
*high five*

No comments:

Post a Comment